為達最佳瀏覽效果,建議使用 Chrome、Firefox 或 Microsoft Edge 的瀏覽器。

關閉此視窗 請至Edge官網下載 請至FireFox官網下載 請至Google官網下載
    限制級
    您即將進入之新聞內容 需滿18歲 方可瀏覽。
    根據「電腦網路內容分級處理辦法」修正條文第六條第三款規定,已於網站首頁或各該限制級網頁,依台灣網站分級推廣基金會規定作標示。 台灣網站分級推廣基金會(TICRF)網站:http://www.ticrf.org.tw

    《TAIPEI TIMES》Prosecutors investigate Guangfu flood response

    2025/10/16 03:00
    Soldiers clear mud and debris in the aftermath of Super Typhoon Ragasa in Hualien County’s Guangfu Township on Sept. 24.
Photo: Ritchie B. Tongo, EPA

    Soldiers clear mud and debris in the aftermath of Super Typhoon Ragasa in Hualien County’s Guangfu Township on Sept. 24. Photo: Ritchie B. Tongo, EPA

    By Wang Chin-yi and Sam Garcia / Staff reporter, with staff writer

    The Hualien District Prosecutors’ Office is investigating local authorities on possible negligent homicide and dereliction of duty charges after some residents said they never received evacuation notices ahead of a devastating flood last month.

    A barrier lake on the Mataian River (馬太鞍溪) overflowed on Sept. 23 amid Super Typhoon Ragasa, flooding Hualien County’s Guangfu Township (光復).

    The disaster left 19 people dead and 157 injured, with five people still missing and 717 rescued, data released on Tuesday showed.

    Prosecutors yesterday said they obtained records from central government agencies, the Hualien County Government and local township offices, and would continue to request documents as needed.

    Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) caucus whip Fu Kun-chi (傅?萁) had said that all typhoon evacuation procedures are the responsibility of local government offices.

    While prosecutors said they would consider all relevant information, they emphasized that the investigation is still ongoing.

    One report said that when investigators attempted to review documents at the Guangfu Township Office, the office claimed the records washed away in the flood.

    Hualien County Research and Administration Department Director Chen Chien-tsun (陳建村) yesterday said that many agencies are investigating the flood, and the county government has consistently cooperated by providing documents when asked, including interagency notifications and response measures.

    Everything is being handled properly, Chen added.

    Meanwhile, a tropical disturbance near Guam is forecast to possibly become a tropical depression and further strengthen into Typhoon Fengshen, the Central Forward Coordination Post set up in Guangfu after the flood for coordinating recovery operations said yesterday.

    It said it would be transitioned into an emergency response coordination center to help the county government and townships prepare for potential impacts from the storm, including evacuation planning.

    Additional reporting by CNA

    新聞來源:TAIPEI TIMES

    不用抽 不用搶 現在用APP看新聞 保證天天中獎  點我下載APP  按我看活動辦法

    相關新聞
    焦點今日熱門
    看更多!請加入自由時報粉絲團

    載入中
    此網頁已閒置超過5分鐘,請點擊透明黑底或右下角 X 鈕。