為達最佳瀏覽效果,建議使用 Chrome、Firefox 或 Microsoft Edge 的瀏覽器。

請至Edge官網下載 請至FireFox官網下載 請至Google官網下載
晴時多雲

    限制級
    您即將進入之新聞內容 需滿18歲 方可瀏覽。
    根據「電腦網路內容分級處理辦法」修正條文第六條第三款規定,已於網站首頁或各該限制級網頁,依台灣網站分級推廣基金會規定作標示。 台灣網站分級推廣基金會(TICRF)網站:http://www.ticrf.org.tw

    《TAIPEI TIMES》 TRA inspects construction sites after crash on Friday

    From left, Ministry of Justice Department of Prosecutorial Affairs Director Lin Chin-chun, Deputy Minister of Transportation and Communications Wang Kwo-tsai and Taiwan Railways Administration Deputy Director-General Du Wei take part in a news conference in Taipei yesterday.
Photo: Fang Pin-chao, Taipei Times

    From left, Ministry of Justice Department of Prosecutorial Affairs Director Lin Chin-chun, Deputy Minister of Transportation and Communications Wang Kwo-tsai and Taiwan Railways Administration Deputy Director-General Du Wei take part in a news conference in Taipei yesterday. Photo: Fang Pin-chao, Taipei Times

    2021/04/04 03:00

    MAKING CHANGES: A Minister of Transportation and Communications official called for fences and safety nets at construction sites to prevent another incident

    By Cheng Wei-chi and Jake Chung / Staff reporter, with staff writer

    The Taiwan Railways Administration (TRA) is to inspect all construction sites near railways following a train crash in Hualien County that killed at least 51 people, the agency said yesterday.

    TRA Deputy Director-General Du Wei (杜微) made the announcement in the wake of the incident, which occurred when a Taroko Express train crashed inside Cingshuei Tunnel (清水隧道) after hitting a crane truck near the tunnel’s entrance.

    The vehicle had slid down a hill to the tracks from a nearby TRA construction site.

    The agency is investigating rail-side operations since the accident, Du told a news conference in Taipei.

    The TRA had previously requested that construction at all sites near railways be halted over the Tomb Sweeping Day holiday, he added.

    The TRA is inspecting all sites where the railway could possibly be obstructed, and these projects would be halted until they meet the agency’s standards, he said.

    It is also investigating the reason the construction project near the site of the train crash had been delayed to the end of next month when it was to be completed by Jan. 20, he added.

    The crash highlights transportation risks, Deputy Minister of Transportation and Communications Wang Kwo-tsai (王國材) said.

    Safety nets and fences should be erected at all construction projects near areas with weak infrastructure or a slope, Wang said, adding that he would discuss the issue with TRA officials.

    All parties accountable for the incident would be held responsible and the construction company, as well as any affiliated contractors, would be asked to remunerate the victims or their families per their contractual obligations, Du said.

    The agency would look into revising its policy on allowing ticket sales for standing passengers, Wang said, adding that it does not yet have enough information to make such a decision.

    The TRA allows 15 standing passengers per carriage on Taroko Express trains, which it permitted after trials as it is popular among travelers, it said.

    The TRA will compare the list of victims with its records of non-seated tickets sold to try to establish whether standing passengers were at greater risk for injury, Du said.

    Meanwhile, an image of an internal chat group among TRA employees was yesterday leaked to media. Messages in the chat indicated that some staff had suggested that the agency blame the construction company for the incident.

    The TRA confirmed that some people had suggested such tactics, but the agency had not adopted the measures.

    The TRA will shoulder any responsibility that it should rightly shoulder, Du said.

    新聞來源:TAIPEI TIMES

    不用抽 不用搶 現在用APP看新聞 保證天天中獎  點我下載APP  按我看活動辦法

    焦點今日熱門

    網友回應

    此網頁已閒置超過5分鐘,請點擊透明黑底或右下角 X 鈕。